Scarlet Witch #3 is Wanda Maximoff and Polaris talking about a mysterious metallic of unknown origin, with anti-magic power that could rival Mysterium.
Scarlet Witch#3 – Polaris and the X-Men examine a new, mysterious metal that might even be more powerful than Mysterium.
CBR Exclusive Preview: Wanda Maximoff and Polaris meet in their new shop, Emporium. Polaris is studying a metal Wanda had revealed in the past issue. He describes it as an “unstable mineral with magnetic properties like Mysterium” but far less refined.
RELATED – The X-Men Icon of the X-Men Just Rediscovered Their Link to Magic
SCARLET WITCH #3
- STEVE ORLANDO(W) * SARAPICHELLI(A) * Covered by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
- DAVID NAKAYAMA, INFINITY SAGA VARIEANT COVER
- VARIANT OVERCOVER BY NABETSE ZITRO
- TIMELESS MEPHISTO VIRGIN VARIANT CURB COVER BY ALEXROSS
- TIMELESS VIRGINSKETCH VARIANT ALEX Ross
- COVER FOR CARMEN CARNERO WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH VOID COVER
- ENTER POLARIS
- Polaris’s visit to her sister’s magic shop is interrupted at the last minute by a microscopic soldier who desperately needs assistance. Polaris, along with the Scarlet Witch, put their mystery aside to assist on a magical journey through Sub-Atomica. Darcy Lewis is back, with a vengeance, from Wanda’s dark past as a shop clerk.
Mysterium, first seen in 2020’s S.W.O.R.D. #1 is an ultra-durable metal that can be only created by mutants. Mysterium was born in the White Hot Room, which is the plane of reality that houses the Phoenix. Mysterium also has powerful properties such as the ability to conduct electricity or negate magic.
The new metal Scarlet Witch and Polaris possess appears to have antimagic capabilities beyond Mysterium. While Wanda was looking at Scarlet Witch#2, Wanda observed the substance and thought, “So much unknown inside such a tiny stone.” Not cold iron. Not Orichalcum. Uru. They couldn’t resist my magic. You can feel the Inquest spells floating around you.”
RELATED TO: Scarlet Witch Improved On Doctor Strange’s Best MCU Strategy
Scarlet Witch’s New Storefront
Scarlet Witch’s new job as Emporium Keeper involves examining cryptic and unusual artifacts. Wanda created the shop Scarlet Witch#1 and explained that her venture was meant to provide magical goods to people who are in desperate need. Scarlet Witch can only access the Lost Door from the store, which is open to anyone in dire straits. Scarlet Witch has so far helped a number of characters from all over the Marvel Universe, including Storm and Viv Vision.
Wanda’s desire to help people is a result of her desire to find a fresh beginning after years. In Issue 1, Quicksilver initially laughed off his sister’s attempt at business but became secretly impressed despite his doubts.
Scarlet Witch#3 by Steve Orlando is illustrated and inked on by Sara Pichelli by Elisabetta DiAmico. Colors by Matthew Wilson, lettering by VC’s Cory Petit. The issue has a Russell Dauterman cover, as well as variant covers by Alex Ross. Nolan Woodard. Nabetse Zitro, Nakayama, and Carmen Carnero also contributed to the cover. Scarlet Witch#3 is on sale at Marvel, on March 8, 2023.